HOW SAFE OUR WORK STYLE IS
Al Fadhel Al Kabeer Company has developed a comprehensive safety program that is continually updated to keep current with changing safety and health standards. The prime objectives of our safety and health program are to:
- Provide a safe and healthful working environment, free of hazards, for all project employees and visitors.
- Eliminate personal injury, equipment, and property damage.
- Our safety and health program addresses these objectives by placing
- Strong emphasis on the elimination of unsafe acts and conditions.
We have formulated safety procedures focused on achieving a safe and healthful working environment. The key to our success has been establishing responsibility and accountability, at all levels, for the safety and health program on each project. We believe the principles of safety success to be:
- Our people are our most important asset and the key to the success of our safety and health program.
- All injuries are preventable.
- Management, at all levels, is responsible for preventing injuries.
- Safe work performance is a condition of employment.
- Employees must be trained to work safely.
- Safety audits must be conducted daily.
- All deficiencies must be corrected as soon as possible.
- We must react to incidents as well as accidents.
- Developing good off-the-job safety habits is as important as good on-the-job safety habits.
Our project managers are the leaders of our safety team at the job site and are responsible for accident prevention and the reduction of on-the-job injuries. To assist the project manager in implementing and coordinating all safety, fire prevention, and first aid programs, a full-time safety supervisor is assigned to our projects depending on the size and potential safety hazards of the work. Substantial effort is made by general construction management to cultivate a positive safety attitude at every level.
For instance, the personal protective devices provided to and required to be used by our workers exceed regulatory standards. Examples are safety helmets, safety boots, mandatory Safety glasses; double eye protection mandatory when chipping or grinding; and use of back belts. Our construction management team, with the aid of the safety supervisor, is responsible for developing a site-specific safety and health plan. Our approach includes an extensive training program. All new employees are given a specific oral and visual safety presentation at the time of employment. Specific training for all employees includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects:
- Accident Investigation in Confined Space
- Cranes and Heavy Equipment
- Emergency Procedures (Fire and Medical)
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication
- Proper Lifting Techniques
- Personal Protective